Hold onto your gourds, don’t mangle that melon just yet!
This is our 16th year and will be continuing on with two cool events our famed underwater pumpkin carving contest and our 5th annual Chili Cook Off! We are taking registrations for the upcoming event, scheduled for Sunday October 1, 2017 at Whitestar Quarry in Gibsonburg, Ohio.
Carving time begins at 10:00am and ends 12 noon
Judging time will be at 1:00pm
Entrance fee is only $40 per person and includes:
Participation in underwater pumpkin carving
Special edition PDR apparel
Chili Cook off with lots of yummy chili to taste -participants are encouraged to bring their own special chili recipe (enough to share)
and a whole lotta fun!
Registration deadline is September 20th, don’t miss out!
Win sweet prizes for your awesome carved pumpkin!
We will have hot chocolate, cider and various other festive munchies. If you would like to bring any other treats to make this event more fun, we would greatly appreciate it!
Here is what you need to join the fun:
1. Register with Professional Diving Resources: You can do this by clicking the link below, telephone 440-736-7499 or in person! Registration fee is $40 and will include food, beverages, desserts, and your very own Professional Diving Resources logo apparel!
2. Bring a pumpkin. We will cut the tops and remove the guts Saturday before the dive.
3. Bring a 4-6 pound weight to help keep the pumpkin on the bottom while you carve it.
4. Use a dive knife: This is the only real rule! You must use a dive knife (but no one said you couldn’t modify a dive knife …).
1. You need to make enough to be shared with all participants!
2. Make it spicy but not too spicy so everyone can enjoy your creation.
3. Bring your cast iron stomach.
Don’t forget to register before September 20, 2016! And don’t forget to tell us what size you’ll need!